Easy and delicious Nettle Pesto is suitable for many dishes!
Fresh nettles are now at their best at this time of year, try it with pasta, pizza or bread.
- 1 dl Dried nettle crushed or 1 litre Freash young nettle leaves
- 1 dl Hulled hemp seeds (or other seeds or nuts)
- 2 Organic garlic cloves
- 150ml Organic olive oil
- 1 dl Nutritional yeast flakes or parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon organic lemon juice
- Add herbal salt to taste
- Soak Dried nettle crushed in plenty of water for 20 minutes
(soaking water can be used, for example, as a hair rinse or as a plant fertilizer)
- Rinse the fresh nettles in a sieve and parboil
(bring the water to a boil and cook the nettles for more than half a minute)
- Drain the nettle and place in a blender
- Add the other ingredients to the mixture and mix until smooth
- Add salt to taste and the pesto is ready to eat!
Herb GuideWhether your kitchen window-sills are garnished with an aromatic wild jungle, or your cupboards are neatly arranged with tiny pots lying in wait for their chance to add that certain something to your Wednesday night’s ‘spaghetti bolognese’. Whether you...
Herb GuideWe are proud to announce our brand new website is now officially open! To help you find everything you are looking for, we have divided our website into three distinctive sections. Herb Shop We offer herbal products for your home shipped directly to...